The privacy of Customer personal information is important to us. We are committed to respecting our customers' right to privacy and protecting their personal information. We are bound by the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth) and any relevant State legislation, as well as other applicable laws and codes affecting personal information.
- How we manage the personal information of our Customers
- The type of personal information held
- For what purposes
- How the information is collected, held, used and disclosed
Collecting personal information
If you are acquiring or have acquired a product from Monty's Leap we will collect and hold your personal information for the purposes of:
- Providing you with the relevant product or service (e.g. sending wine)
- Managing and administering the product or service
We may collect and hold your personal information for the purpose of letting you know about products or services that may serve your needs; or for advising you of relevant promotions or other opportunities that may interest you.
The information collected may include:
- Your name
- Postal and/or email address
- Details of how you found out about our business
- Other information we consider necessary or that you provide to us.
We will usually collect your personal information directly from you via one or more of the following means:
- Filling out a mailing list
- Entering a Competition or engaging with a Promotion
- Ordering Wine online or by telephone
- Making a Restaurant or Event Booking
- Joining our Wine Club
Use of Personal Information
For each visitor to our website, we expressly collect the following non-personal identifiable information, including, but not limited to, browser type, version and language, Operating System, pages viewed whilst browsing the Site, page access times and referring website address. This collected information is used solely internally for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic, trends, and delivering personalised content to you whilst you are on this Site.
From time to time, we may use customer information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change in the future, we will use these for new purposes only. Data collected from the time of the policy change forward will adhere to our updated practices.
Sharing your personal information
We may occasionally hire other companies to provide services on our behalf, including but not limited to, handling customer support inquiries, processing transactions or customer freight shipping. Such companies will be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to deliver the service. Monty’s Leap Wines takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
Marketing our products and services
We may use your personal information to let you know about Monty's Leap products and services. For example, we may contact you with information about a wine promotion. You can contact us at any time if you no longer wish us to send these promotions or information to you (see “Contacting Us” below).
We aim to make sure that the personal information we collect and use is accurate, complete and up-to-date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure this is the case. If you believe your personal information is not accurate, complete or up to date, please contact us.
Protecting your personal information
We store information in different ways, including in paper and electronic form. The security of your personal information is important to us and we take reasonable steps to protect it from misuse and loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Checks and measures to help prevent unauthorised access or identity theft include:
- confidentiality requirements for our employees
- back-up and archiving IT systems
- security measures for systems access (passwords to terminals containing databases)
- training for staff involved in database programs and maintenance
- providing a discreet environment for confidential matters
- only allowing access to personal information where the individual seeking access has satisfied our identification requirements
- security for the building
Your privacy on the Internet Website
We take care to ensure that the personal information you give us on our website is protected. For example, our website is SSL.
- This website is secured with a 128/256 Bit SSL Certificate.
- All orders are processed by the Shopify? payment gateway. We do not store your credit card details.
Links to other sites
You may be able to access external websites by clicking on links we have provided. Those other websites are not subject to our privacy standards, policies and procedures. We recommend that you contact or review those websites directly to ascertain their privacy standards, policies and procedures.
Gaining access to your personal information
You are welcome at any time to gain access to your personal information held by us. Contact us to request access. In some cases we may be able to deal with your request over the telephone or at reception. We may require up to 72 hours to deal appropriately with your request.
Resolving your privacy issues
Address inquiries to:
Monty’s Leap Wines
45821 South Coast Highway, Kalgan, Albany WA 6330
(08) 9845 7880