Monty’s Leap opened its doors in December 2020 and quickly became one of the most popular restaurants in the area. With spectacular views of our vineyard and the Kalgan River, you can enjoy some amazing food and well-crafted wine in a casual and relaxed atmosphere. The menu changes seasonally and offers what the region has best. We take pride in making everything on site, from our pastries to our cured meat, fish and meat butchery, using classic and modern techniques.
Current Job Openings
CELLAR DOOR & FOH ALL-ROUNDER
Monty’s Leap is looking for an enthusiastic professional Cellar Door and front of house all-rounder person to join our team. This role will centre around wine tastings, cellar door sales and signing customers up to our cellar club and other front of house duties as required.
Monty’s Leap is located on the banks of the Kalgan River overlooking the vineyards and immaculate surrounds. With an award-winning winemaker and renowned Chef at the helm of the kitchen, this is an opportunity to be a part of a passionate team! WA family owned and operated this venue is a favourite amongst both tourists and locals!
- Ensure guest feels welcome by consistently providing a high-quality customer experience every time.
- Conduct tastings guiding guests through our range with an informative induction to our winery.
- Assist with additional cellar door events and promotions.
- Setup, stock and maintain a tidy and inviting environment at the tasting bar area.
- Pack up wine orders ready for collection.
- Process transactions accurately using our POS system.
- Other FOH duties as required.
- Good wine knowledge is desirable but a passion to learn is essential.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage customers in a friendly informative manner.
- Physically fit and capable of lifting cases of wine
- Comfortable speaking in front of both small and large groups
- Ability to work weekends and the occasional evening when we have tastings off site.
- RSA certification.
- Permanent residency/ Citizenship or the right to work in Australia.
What’s on offer:
- Full time or permanent part time position available with 2 consecutive days off (will involve weekend & occasional nighttime work)
- Work in a team environment that is customer focused.
- Discounts & staff meals
- Commission incentive on wine club sign ups
- Above award salary
- Immediate start